By M. Holzenberger, E. Gay, S. Doublier, M. Binoux (auth.), Prof. Eugenio E. Müller (eds.)
In the previous couple of years, significant recognition has been paid to the presence of insulin-like development elements (IGFs) and their binding proteins (IGF-BPs) within the mind and peripheral neuronal tissue. IGFs are synthesized in the CNS, are guaranteed to particular IGF-BPs and act on particular receptors. They signify a brand new category of development components and messengers within the mind and the outer edge. Written by way of a gaggle of remarkable specialists within the box, the ebook presents a useful discussion board the place very important features of the construction, legislation, organic activities, pathophysiological involvement, healing purposes for IGFs in lots of neurologic and neuromuscular problems are addressed and significantly evaluated.
Read or Download IGFs in the Nervous System PDF
Best nonfiction_10 books
Within the previous couple of years, enormous realization has been paid to the presence of insulin-like development components (IGFs) and their binding proteins (IGF-BPs) within the mind and peripheral neuronal tissue. IGFs are synthesized in the CNS, are guaranteed to particular IGF-BPs and act on particular receptors. They characterize a brand new classification of progress components and messengers within the mind and the outer edge.
The aim of this e-book is to supply experiences of varied antibiotic subject matters that allows you to be of curiosity to training clinicians and to microbiologists. it really is was hoping that sufficient references were supplied to allow the fanatic to immerse himself within the resource literature. No try out has been made to hide the entire box, that's good catered for within the a number of works at the topic.
- Advection and Diffusion in Random Media: Implications for Sea Surface Temperature Anomalies
- The Philosophical Legacy of Behaviorism
- The Nervous System and the Heart
- The Measurement of Segregation in the Labor Force
Extra info for IGFs in the Nervous System
Addition of physiologic concentrations of IGF-I inhibits this apoptosis. The Ras/RaflMAP kinase pathway is not involved in mediating this protective effect. However, IGF-I stimulates activation of PI 3'-kinase, Akt and p70S6 kinase, and each of these activities is inhibited by wortmannin. However, p70S6 kinase is apparently not important in mediating the effect of IGF-I since rapamycin fails to inhibit the IGF-I effect on preventing apoptosis. Besides delineating some of the specific IGF-I -stimulated functions of sever- D.
49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. IGF-I in Neuronal Differentiation and Neuroprotection 6l. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70. 7l. 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. 79. 80. 43 like growth factors I and II: autoradiographic localization in rat brain and comparison to receptors for insulin. Endocrinology 123 (4):2089-2099 Araujo DM, Lapchak PA, Collier B, Chabot J-G, Quirion R (1989) Insulin-like growth factor-l (somatomedin-C) receptors in the rat brain: distribution and interaction with the hippocampal cholinergic system.
87. 88. 89. 90. 9l. 92. 93. 94. 95. 96. 97. 98. IGF-I in Neuronal Differentiation and Neuroprotection 45 99. Baur AM, Gamberger TI, Weerda HG, Gjuric M, Tamm ER (1995) Laminin promotes differentiation, adhesion and proliferation of cell cultures derived from human acoustic nerve schwannoma. Acta Otolaryngol (Stockh) 115:517-521 100. Hockenbery D, Nunez G, Milliman C, Schreiber RD, Korsmeyer SI (1990) Bcl-2 is an inner mitochondrial membrane protein that blocks programmed cell death. Nature 348:334-336 101.