By Chang-Hee Won, Cheryl B. Schrader, Anthony N. Michel
This volume—dedicated to Michael ok. Sain at the social gathering of his 70th birthday—is a set of chapters overlaying contemporary advances in stochastic optimum regulate thought and algebraic platforms concept. Written via specialists of their respective fields, the chapters are thematically prepared into 4 parts:
* half I makes a speciality of statistical keep an eye on theory, the place the associated fee functionality is seen as a random variable and function is formed via price cumulants. during this appreciate, statistical keep watch over generalizes linear-quadratic-Gaussian and H-infinity control.
* half II addresses algebraic platforms theory, reviewing using algebraic platforms over semirings, modules of zeros for linear multivariable platforms, and zeros in linear time-delay systems.
* half III discusses advances in dynamical platforms characteristics. The chapters concentrate on the soundness of a discontinuous dynamical procedure, approximate decentralized mounted modes, direct optimum adaptive keep watch over, and balance of nonlinear structures with constrained information.
* half IV covers engineering education and encompasses a special bankruptcy on theology and engineering, one among Sain's most recent study interests.
The ebook can be an invaluable reference for researchers and graduate scholars in structures and regulate, algebraic platforms concept, and utilized arithmetic. Requiring purely wisdom of undergraduate-level keep watch over and structures thought, the paintings can be used as a supplementary textbook in a graduate path on optimum regulate or algebraic platforms theory.
Read Online or Download Advances in Statistical Control, Algebraic Systems Theory, and Dynamic Systems Characteristics: A Tribute to Michael K. Sain PDF
Best linear programming books
Combinatorial information research (CDA) refers to a large classification of equipment for the research of proper facts units during which the association of a suite of gadgets is basically crucial. the focal point of this monograph is at the id of preparations, that are then additional limited to the place the combinatorial seek is conducted through a recursive optimization strategy in keeping with the overall rules of dynamic programming (DP).
Technological know-how Sifting is designed basically as a textbook for college students drawn to examine and as a normal reference booklet for latest occupation scientists. the purpose of this booklet is to aid budding scientists expand their capacities to entry and use details from different assets to the good thing about their study careers.
- Modern Geometry — Methods and Applications: Part I. The Geometry of Surfaces, Transformation Groups, and Fields
- AMPL: A Modeling Language for Mathematical Programming
- Numerische Mathematik
- Topologies on closed and closed convex sets
- CATBox: An Interactive Course in Combinatorial Optimization
- Singular Trajectories and their Role in Control Theory (Mathématiques et Applications)
Extra resources for Advances in Statistical Control, Algebraic Systems Theory, and Dynamic Systems Characteristics: A Tribute to Michael K. Sain
1975. M. C. Campi and M. R. James, Risk-Sensitive Control: A Bridge Between H2 and H∞ Control, Proceedings of the 32nd Conference on Decision and Control, San Antonio, TX, December 1993. L. D. Dissertation, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, January 1969. M. H. A. Davis, Linear Estimation and Stochastic Control, London: Halsted Press, 1977. R. W. D. Dissertation, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, 2006. R. W. Diersing, M. K. -H. Won, Bi-Cumulant Games: A Generalization of H-infinity and H2/H-infinity Control, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, submitted, 2007.
Sain, Ronald W. Diersing, and Chang-Hee Won the model is discretized. 1I10 and 50, where I10 is the 10 by 10 identity matrix. 3 × 106. Simulation results appear in Figure 1 and Figure 2. The results in Figure 1 represent the performance of the building. It is seen that there is a significant reduction for each of these performance criteria. For the rootmean-square criteria, J1 and J2 , there is about a 30% reduction in the MCV case from the LQG controller results. For peak response of the building, there is also a notable decrease in the performance criteria.
Sain, ReliabilityBased Measures of Structural Control Robustness, Structural Safety, 15, pp. 111–129, 1993. [SDJ74] J. L. Speyer, J. Deyst, and D. H. Jacobson, Optimization of Stochastic Linear Systems with Additive Measurement and Process Noise Using Exponential Performance Criteria, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-19, No. 4, pp. 358–366, August 1974. [Spe76] J. L. Speyer, An Adaptive Terminal Guidance Scheme Based on an Exponential Cost Criterion with Application to Homing Missile Guidance, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-21, pp.